Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Two tastings

John and I have a busy wedding planning week.

Last night (Monday) we met with the great Julie Cooper who has officiated 230+ weddings. When I saw her website I thought she would be laid back and easy to get along with and I was right! We met her for about an hour at Tullys in Ballard, she told us her spiel and answered a few questions. Overall she was pretty close to what I was looking for in an officiator. Fun, personable and seemed like she would do a good job. Turns out John liked her too so we have decided to hire her.

Today I met with my 3rd florist in as many weeks. Last week I met with Kristen of Denney-Designs. I liked her and received a proposal on Monday. She seems like she would do a good job and listened much more closely to me than the last person. Today I met with Lea of Florarama. She was also very nice. We had emailed a couple of times before meeting so she had a good idea and was prepared when we talked in person. She will send me a proposal in the next couple of days. I have a feeling it will between one of these women but I don't have a sense one way or another of who would be better. It may end up coming down to who can fulfill our needs most cheaply.


Next up, Thursday we have a tasting of the proposed menu that Market Street Catering put together a few weeks ago. I'm looking forward to tasting what we might actually have on the menu!...and in general looking forward to it because their food is tasty! I am also looking forward to seeing what the "blue" tablecloths look like that we had been told about last time we met. Apparently they are pretty close to the same shade of blue as the shear ribbon I'm using on our invitations.


Finally Saturday John and I will be tasting cake at 11AM on Saturday morning at Morfey's in Belltown. I've been looking forward to cake tasting for a while now and have heard some good things about them. I hope it's yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment