Tuesday, July 28, 2009

More wedding venues

Yesterday a friend and I went to 3 wedding venues to check out their spaces. First we went to The Canal in Ballard and I LOVED IT. The space was great for the amount of people I think we will have. The price could be better (food and drink is expensive!) but we are thinking of seeing what they have off-season to make it more affordable.

Next we went to Ray's Boathouse, also in Ballard. The space was small, they have a $2 cake cutting fee (I find ridiculous) and a $250 dancefloor fee. What I didn't like the most was that some people would have to sit outside and some inside during the reception so people would be separated too much. They should have planned better by making the wall able to open up.

Last we went to Bell Harbor, down by pier 66. The views are amazing at the top of the building, but in the end the rooms where we would probably have the reception are too corporate feeling and some of the views can be obstructed by the cruise ships that come in and others are obstructed by cranes.

I wrote the lady at The Canal last night. I hope to hear back from her today. Unfortunately John won't be able to look at it for 2-3 weeks due to work commitments and his Alaska trip. In the meantime I'm going to head out to Fort Worden I think this weekend to see what that would be like for a wedding and camping weekend.

And I go back to David's Bridal tomorrow to try on some more dresses. It was the first place I went to a month ago or so and I have more of an idea of what I want now so I need to try on more dresses there.

No comments:

Post a Comment