Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mark your calendars

I haven't posted in a while...been busy looking at venues and dresses and such.

The biggest news is that we set a date, found a venue and I bought a dress! (not in that order)

About 4 weeks ago I went to Something Blue Bridal Boutique in La Conner (about 1 1/2 hours from Seattle) and found THE DRESS! I tried on 17 dresses that day with two of my bridesmaids sitting by watching and taking notes. It wasn't til I retried on 5 dresses that they were able to say what they thought. Kim, who owns the store, is very particular about how things are done! And I'm glad she is. When I retried on the dress I bought and knew it was the one it made me cry. :) I just love it. It will need to be altered but it gets to sit in my closet til February.

Then the following weekend we went to Hidden Meadows in Snohomish and fell in love with the place. It's a bit spendy to rent the place, but the pluses are they give you the place for the whole day (noon-midnight), they allow you to bring your own alcohol and they have 6 caterers to pick from. So many places make you use their catering and their alcohol and they do 2 weddings per day. It will be nice to be able to not have to rush everything...I'm sure the day will fly by as it is.




And since we found the place finally we were able to set a date!....May 22, 2010! Please do a sun dance for me that week. Luckily Hidden Meadows has an indoor option if it rains but we'd much rather be outside in the grass with everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on both counts! I went to that little shop in La Conner- so cute. We bought a couple of old green champagne glasses there (40's style I think) to do our wedding toast. FUN!

    ReplyDelete